Tuesday, July 22, 2014

How to heal cancer?

Okay, so I don't seem to be getting much, if an traffic here, but that's okay. . . for now.  So, for a little insight into my personal life, let me tell you I am a Mormon.  not just any Mormon, but a faithful one, and as such I try to live by the standards of the church and to the One True God who leads His church - even Jesus Christ.  Well, one of the standards we (Mormon's) live by is the Lord's Law of Health, also called "The Word of Wisdom" - which was a modern revelation given through Joseph Smith, and is recorded in the Doctrine and Covenants section 89.  I'm not going to provide a lesson on the section, or go into too much detail, but there are a few pertinent points worth discussing. 

First the Lord states that grains and wheat specifically, are good for the use of man.  He also states that fruits and vegetables are good for us.  Note that in addition he mentions that meat should be eaten sparingly, and ideally during times of winter, but avoided if possible.  I love a good burger and bacon, and I've consumed many chickens, but over the last couple years, I've chosen to reduce the amounts and live more in line with these teachings.  

The Lord also states that we should avoid harmful drugs, tobacco, tea, and coffee (hot drinks) and alcohol, and that if we abide by these teachings the destroying angel will pass us by.  This promise is to all people who live this law, not just members of the church.  He does not specifically mention things like gluten, dairy, sugar, or caffeine.  There are many things he does not mention, and that is because He expects us to be agents unto ourselves, and we are not meant to be commanded in all things.  And this commandment, like all the others He has given, is for our benefit and safety, both temporally and spiritually.  I plan on discussing many of the "foods" I just mentioned, later on this blog, but for now, just know that if there is any "Diet" that I follow, it is the Lords recommended diet. 

That being said, we all make choices, and change is difficult, especially change that moves us more towards a Christlike life.  Well, in the link I have provided ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7Fv3_Oqbgs )  you will here a podcast from one Dr Day.  She does not claim credence to any particular church, but she is most definitely Christian.  She discusses her journey through her bout with breast cancer, and how she beat it.  (She also discusses several other issues that are not necessarily related to this blog, but that I mostly agree with).  She mentions multiple times how our lifestyle has changed from 200 yrs ago to now, and how difficult it is for us to change from our current diet standards.  She also talks about a comprehensive approach to overall well being, including stress management, sleep patterns, diet, and exercise, as well as psychological, emotional, and spiritual aspects.  It is worth listening to, and that is why I have posted it here. 

Over time I will discuss many aspects of diet and exercise, both of which have many perspectives.  Not sure what I'll post next, but it should be a bit more specific, and less about me, but given that this entry deals with an overall view of how to manage ones health, and the name of the blog implies a Fix all, then I figured it would be appropriate.   

No comments:

Post a Comment